If this is your first time using Wealthsimple, you’ll need to set up your profile before you can open an account. We’ll ask you for some details so we can verify your identity and ensure your account is secure. You’ll only need to enter this information once — it will be used for all your Wealthsimple products.
Before you begin
To open an account with Wealthsimple, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen, Canadian resident, or have a valid Canadian visa
- Meet the minimum age requirement set by your province
- Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Have a Canadian residential address
- Be able to satisfy identity verification requirements
Set up your profile
To create your profile, visit our sign up page.
- Choose an email address and password
- Select the product you’d like to start with
- Follow the prompts to fill out your personal information
- Full Name
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Date of Birth
- Address (and potentially a previous address)
- Phone Number
- Employment information
Once you’ve set up your profile, you can open your first Wealthsimple account.