If you bought or sold any crypto over the past tax year, you may need to report any income you earned. Like trading stocks, any activity you take that results in gains – for example, buying and selling coins – could be considered income.
To help you prepare your tax return, we offer a document called Realized Gains and Losses. This document breaks down your adjusted book costs and your proceeds of disposition to help you report numbers on your income tax. We also offer a CSV document called Crypto Transaction Summary that is available to you for your records.
Keep in mind there is no official tax slip offered for crypto, so make sure to double-check these numbers before filing or visiting your tax professional.
Get your crypto gains and losses report
Access your Realized Gains and Losses report by following the steps below -
- Sign into the Wealthsimple app on your mobile device
- Tap the Profile icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Accounts menu item
- Choose your Crypto account
- Select Tax Documents
- Go to my.wealthsimple.com and login to your Stocks, ETFs & Crypto profile
- Click your name at the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Choose My documents from the drop-down menu
- Select your crypto gains and losses report