Keeping your profile open will make it easier for you to access your annual tax slips and your monthly account statements. There is no charge for keeping an un-funded account open with Wealthsimple.
If you decide to keep your account but don’t want updates from us, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists by updating your communication preferences in your account settings.
If you would still like to deactivate your profile, you can do so directly from your profile.
Once your account balance is $0, you can close your Wealthsimple profile by following these steps:
- Log into your Wealthsimple mobile app
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the screen
- Choose Profile
- Scroll down and tap Delete profile
- Confirm by tapping I'm ready to delete
- Log into my.wealthsimple.com and sign in to your Managed Investment & Save profile
- Click on your name on the top right side
- Select Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Deactivate profile
- Confirm by clicking Deactivate my profile
A note from our legal team: We are required to keep records of your personal information for 7 years. This is a requirement from the Government of Canada and is in compliance with the Income Tax Act. If you would like more information on this, you can find more information here.