What to consider before starting your dispute
You can only submit a dispute for a purchase made with your Wealthsimple Credit Card. Consider the information below before disputing a charge on your credit card:
Identifying a fraudulent transaction
If you find a transaction on your statement that's from a merchant you haven't made a purchase from, the charge could be fraudulent.
If you suspect the transaction is fraudulent and it has been posted to your account, please contact Wealthsimple Cards at 1-855-585-2672 immediately.
Contact the merchant
Contact the Merchant before submitting your dispute to the branch if your dispute falls in any of the below categories:
- Goods and services not provided
- Canceled recurring transactions
- Error in billing
- Not as described or defective merchandise
- Credit not processed
- Card-activated telephone transaction
- Paid by other means
The easiest way to get a charge off of your credit card statement is to talk to the merchant directly. Speak to a sales clerk or store manager and provide them with receipts and any other documentation you have. Often, they can correct the mistake and give you a refund.
You can contact the merchant in person or by phone, email or the merchant’s website. There may also be contact information on the transaction receipt that the merchant provided which you can use to reach them.
Pay your bill
It will take several weeks to investigate the dispute. While you wait, continue paying your credit card bill or you will still accrue interest. If the dispute is successful, you will be refunded.
Document your interaction
Document your interaction with the merchant and include details such as the date, time, the subject of the conversation, a reference number (if available), and any email correspondence. We'll use this information to investigate the dispute.
Submit a charge dispute
We recommend contacting us within 15 days after the transaction was posted on your account statement.
How credit card transaction disputes work
- All transactions need to be posted. Transactions may temporarily show under Pending and Posted at the same time. We can't assist you with a transaction dispute until the transaction has been posted.
- Remember to review your receipts. Merchants can use different names and may bill you from offices in different locations.
- Confirm the cancellation of a monthly subscription. Before you dispute a monthly or trial subscription, review the details and ensure the subscription is cancelled.
- We may contact you by email, or phone if additional information is required. It is important that you call us back promptly as we have a limited amount of time to continue the dispute process on your behalf under applicable payment network rules. If you do not respond in time, we may have to reverse and withdraw any credits issued to you and close the dispute.
Contact us by phone at 1-855-585-2672 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org